22264VIC Graduate Certificate in Bereavement Counselling and Intervention
DURATION: 11 Months Part Time
DELIVERY: Blended Mode of Delivery
(Click for 2018 Timetable)
22264VIC The Graduate Certificate in Bereavement Counselling and Intervention (GCBCI) is an eleven month, part-time course delivered in Mulgrave Victoria, Sydney New South Wales and Brisbane Queensland.
The GCBCI is a Nationally recognised post-graduate VET qualification (Australian Qualifications Framework Level 8, equivalent to a Bachelor Honours Degree).
It is designed to provide current and appropriate training and education in applied competencies and theoretical frameworks – all deemed essential for the provision of effective bereavement counselling and intervention.
COURSE UNITS IN GCBCI
VU21583 Apply concepts of grief and bereavement
VU21584 Provide bereavement counselling and support
VU21585 Provide appropriate interventions to support people experiencing complex bereavement
VU21586 Access services to support clients experiencing bereavement
CHCFCS806C Work within a clinical supervision framework
Industry – Driven Teaching
The GCBCI is an industry driven program with competency based training. Benchmarks for bereavement counsellors are reflected in each unit’s performance criteria.
Diverse teaching strategies and a unique learning experience
The GCBCI course is delivered as a mixed mode / blended learning program incorporating 3 major types of training and learning activities:
1. Individual / Self-Directed Learning with students accessing course materials and resources via the LMS
2. Tutor Guided Learning such as moderated Discussion Forums and individual tutor support, feedback on Workbook Activities.
3. Face-to-Face Training sessions which provide trainer support and practical skill development.
WHO CAN APPLY?
The GCBCI is designed for counsellors, social workers, health workers and psychologists with appropriate counselling training and substantial work experience in the human services field.
Selection for participation in this course is based on the following criteria:
• Counselling Qualification: have completed a Degree, Advanced Diploma or Diploma in a counselling or related field, and have at least 2 years practical experience in counselling
• Experience: Have five years supervised general counselling or related experience
• Further Qualifications and experience: All qualifications and experience in human service related fields and loss will be considered. Experience can include working in any field with grief and loss issues such as mental health, drugs and alcohol, disabilities, homelessness etc.
The total cost of the Graduate Certificate In Bereavement Counselling and Intervention is $6,800.
Once the $255 has been paid by the student the balance of the course is $6,454.
11 payments of $595.00 will be debited from the nominated bank account or charged to a nominated credit card provided by the student on the first of each month.
HOW TO APPLY?
1. Download and Read the APPLICATION FORM. This form has the Terms and Conditions of the Course.
2. If you agree to these conditions, please click APPLY NOW for the GCBCI 2018
Please download and read the 22264VIC Course Prospectus for further information regarding the unit content and delivery.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further information regarding the 22264VIC Graduate Certificate In Bereavement Counselling and Intervention.