Privacy & legal
The materials contained in the Australian Centre for Grief and Bereavement Inc. ("ACGB") web sites are provided by the Australian Centre for Grief and Bereavement and may be used for informational purposes only.
The information contained in this site is copyrighted and may not be distributed, modified, reproduced in whole or in part without the prior written permission of the Australian Centre for Grief and Bereavement Inc.
Links to Other Web Sites
The Australian Centre for Grief and Bereavement Inc. makes no representation whatsoever regarding the content of any other web sites which you may access from the Australian Centre for Grief and Bereavement Web site. When you access a non-Australian Centre for Grief and Bereavement web site, please understand that it is independent from the Australian Centre for Grief and Bereavement and that the Australian Centre for Grief and Bereavement has no control over the content on that web site. A link to a non-Australian Centre for Grief and Bereavement web site does not mean that the Australian Centre for Grief and Bereavement endorses or accepts any responsibility for the content or use of such web site.Protecting Your Privacy
The Australian Centre for Grief and Bereavement is committed to providing you with the highest levels of customer service. This includes protecting your privacy. From 1 September, 2002, we will be bound by new sections of the Information Privacy Act 2000, which set out a number of principles concerning the protection of your personal information.Following is the information that the Privacy Act requires us to communicate to all of our clients and customers.
The Australian Centre for Grief and Bereavement
The Australian Centre for Grief and Bereavement has a mission to promote, through education, consultancy, counselling and research, optimum support for grieving people, in order to assist their recovery and prevent chronic illness and ill health.
Your personal information
Personal information held by the Australian Centre for Grief and Bereavement may include your name, date of birth, current and previous addresses, telephone/mobile phone number, e-mail address, bank account or credit card details, and occupation.
If you choose not to provide personal information, we may not be able to provide you with the services you require, or the level of service on which we pride ourselves.
How we collect personal information
The Australian Centre for Grief and Bereavement collects personal information in a number of ways, including:
- directly from you, when you provide information by phone or in documents such as a registration/application form;
- from third parties such as your representatives;
- from publicly available sources of information;
- from the organisations identified below under When we disclose your personal information;
- from our own records of how you use the Australian Centre for Grief and Bereavement services; or
- when legally required to do so.
How we use your personal information
Your personal information may be used in order to:
- provide the services you require;
- administer and manage those services, including charging, billing and collecting debts;
- inform you of ways the services provided to you could be improved;
- conduct appropriate checks for fraud;
- research and develop our services;
- gain an understanding of your needs in order for us to provide you with a better service; and
- maintain and develop our business systems and infrastructure including testing and upgrading of these systems.
Your personal information is also collected to promote and market other services which we consider may be of interest to you. If you do not wish us to contact you regarding other services please call (03) 9265 2100.
Australian Centre for Grief and Bereavement
253 Wellington Road
Mulgrave, Victoria 3170
Telephone 03 9265 2100
Freecall 1800 642 066
Facsimile 03 9265 2150
Web Address www.grief.org.au
When we disclose your personal information
For the purposes set out above we may disclose your personal information to organisations outside the Australian Centre for Grief and Bereavement. The organisations and the circumstances to which we may disclose information include:
- outsourced service providers who manage the services we provide to you, including:
- client and customer enquiries;
- mailing systems;
- billing and debt-recovery functions;
- information technology services;
- marketing and fundraising.
- your representatives (eg. your authorised representatives or legal advisers);
- our professional advisers, including our accountants, auditors and lawyers;
- government and regulatory authorities and other organisations, as required or authorised by law;
- organisations involved in a transfer/sale of all or part of our assets
Help us to ensure we hold accurate information
The Australian Centre for Grief and Bereavement takes all reasonable precautions to ensure that the personal information we collect, use and disclose is accurate, complete and up-to-date. However, the accuracy of that information depends to a large extent on the information you provide. That's why we recommend that you:
- let us know if there are any errors in your personal information; and
- keep us up to date with changes to personal information such as your name or address.
You can access your personal information
You have a right to access your personal information, subject to some exceptions allowed by law. If you would like to do so, please let us know. You are required to put your request in writing for security reasons.
The Australian Centre for Grief and Bereavement reserves the right to charge a fee for searching for and providing access to your information.
How to contact us
If you have any questions in relation to privacy, please contact us on (03) 9265 2100 between 9.00am and 5.00pm, Monday to Friday. Alternatively, you can write to our Privacy Manager, at Australian Centre for Grief and Bereavement, 253 Wellington Road, Mulgrave, Victoria 3170.