From time to time, we have employment opportunities across a range of different areas including Bereavement Counselling, Education and Training, Marketing and Communications, Fundraising and Business Operations (IT, HR, Finance and Office Management).
Working at the Australian Centre for Grief and Bereavement offers flexibility, professional development and the opportunity to be a part of the leading bereavement organisation in Australia. Benefits of working at ACGB include generous NFP salary packaging options and an employee assistance program. Our central offices are conveniently located at the corner of Springvale and Wellington Roads in Mulgrave.
The Australian Centre for Grief and Bereavement provides significant opportunities for highly developed and motivated individuals keen to pursue a career in the grief and bereavement sector.
An Attractive and Principled Employer
A key goal of ACGB is to be an "Attractive and Principled Employer". This means having a culture which is supportive of, and values, their employees. We do this by having employment relations based on trust and principles centred on and aligned with our Mission and our core values of:
- Respect by upholding the integrity and worth of each person and valuing diversity in thoughts and beliefs;
- Best practice through continuous innovation, the creative exploration of solutions and quality improvement;
- Responsiveness in that we listen, act, evaluate and are flexible in our approach;
- Collaboration through building and strengthening effective and lasting partnerships with government, the research community, media and the non-government and community sectors;
- Development of staff and volunteer expertise and wellbeing; and
- Integrity and accountability in all aspects of our work, acting with honesty and transparency
Being an Attractive and Principled Employer therefore means:
- We provide a high level of service excellence to our clients, students and customers.
- We have a culture that supports and develops our employees and encourages them to stay.
- We ensure that our employment relations are governed by principles centred on our Mission and Values and supported by policies.
- We ensure that our employees are able to work in a safe and healthy environment.
- We offer competitive and just remuneration and benefits.
- We encourage a culture of recognition and reward for our employees.
- We strive to promote work/life balance strategies.
Overall we acknowledge that it is a combination of these factors and the ongoing review and development of appropriate policies and initiatives that make ACGB an "Attractive and Principled Employer". Further details regarding specific benefits are outlined below:
Competitive Salaries, Conditions and Benefits
ACGB continually reviews its salary levels and general conditions of employment to ensure that it remains an attractive employer. Not only are our rates of pay at Award levels, but we are continually reviewing general employment policies and benefits to ensure that we can meet the expectations of our employees.
A Supportive Environment
ACGB is an organisation built on the history of caring for people. A wide network of support services are available in the workplace for general advice and assistance for employees in addition to the support provided by supervisors and managers. These include external assistance through our Employee Assistance Program.
Family Friendly Workplaces
Balancing the demands of work and family is one of the challenges facing many employees today. That's why at ACGB, part-time employment and flexible leave arrangements are just some of the options to assist in balancing work and family.
Availability of Salary Packaging
Salary Packaging is an optional benefit available to all permanent staff. This benefit arises because ACGB is considered a Public Benevolent Institution for Fringe Benefits Tax purposes. Salary packaging allows staff to forego part of their taxable income in return for other benefits (e.g. mortgage payments or additional superannuation payments). The amount foregone is a reduction in the employee’s gross salary, thus resulting in a tax saving. Independent financial advice is recommended in establishing benefits.
As a leading provider of bereavement counselling and education we have modern facilities which provide a pleasant working environment for employees, clients, students, volunteers and visitors.
We understand that commencing with a new organisation can be daunting as well as exciting. There is an opportunity for every new employee to attend an extensive orientation process in their first weeks of employment.
Commitment to Learning and Development
We are committed to the principle of lifelong learning and continued improvement and development of staff through innovative, creative and nurturing educational opportunities relevant to their position and occupation. This vision is achieved through the provision of a wide range of professional educational and learning opportunities.
On-site parking is available for employees. Arrangements are also in place to ensure the safety of employees who work into the evening.
Occupational Health and Safety
The safety and health of employees is an ongoing priority at ACGB. Well developed and extensive OH&S systems are in place to ensure that hazards in the workplace are effectively managed ensuring that our staff are able to undertake their work in a safe and healthy manner.