The Australian Centre for Grief and Bereavement (ACGB) is a provider of clinical supervision with a particular focus on practitioners working in the fields of grief and bereavement. A team of accredited clinical supervisors, who are also certified bereavement practitioners, are available to offer face to face, telephone and online supervision to practitioners.
The team have a diverse range of formal qualifications, extensive clinical knowledge and counselling experience.
Clinical supervision is conducted within the context of a signed contract and adherence to ACGB's Code of Conduct and Standards of Practice .
ACGB supports a collaborative and reflective style of supervision consisting of educative, supportive, administrative and ethical components.
What can you expect from an ACGB clinical supervisor?
- Confidentiality and adherence to privacy principals
- Familiarity with a range of clinical supervision models
- Experience and knowledge of working with a diverse client group
- Awareness of, and sensitivity to race, culture, gender, sexuality, disability and economics
- Support to work through ethical dilemmas
- Attention to legal responsibilities
- Respect and a safe space of learning
- Evidence-based practice and feedback informed treatment
- A high standard of record-keeping
Clinical supervision areas for discussion:
- Case reviews, treatment planning and complex client interventions
- Application of counselling theory
- Ethical issue, including boundaries
- Duty of care and legal responsibilities for mandatory reporting
- Risk assessment and management
- Transference and countertransference
- Use of self in clinical work
- How to write effective case notes
- Cultural competence
- Relationships with colleagues and management
- Work related stressors
- Career goals
- Developing confidence
- Managing personal and professional demands
- Self-care as a practitioner
Frequency of clinical supervision
The frequency of clinical supervision may be dependant on the number of clients, a worker is supporting. Most professional counselling associations require a minimum of ten hours of supervision per year to fulfil membership requirements.
Further information and fees
For further information download the Making the most of Clinical Supervision information sheet. To enquire about fees, please call 1800 642 066 or email [email protected] to arrange to speak with one of our clinical supervisors.
DOWNLOAD MAKING THE MOST OF CLINICAL SUPERVISION