The operation of the Australian Centre for Grief and Bereavement in the light of the COVID-19 pandemic
RE: ACGB’s response to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19)
Effective April 1st 2020
This is an extraordinary time for us all, and the health and wellbeing of our staff, clients, students and suppliers are our top priority. Our offices will remain closed until further notice COVID-19 is an evolving situation and our priority is to ensure we help keep our community safe during the COVID-19 pandemic.
We are genuinely sorry for any convenience this may cause. We are still committed to providing the best service to you, regardless of the current situation.
What this means:
Our staff are now working remotely to ensure that we can still deliver the services that we proudly offer, including our bereavement counselling and support and education programs.
Changes to our Bereavement Counselling Support Service:
- We have suspended all individual and in-person sessions until further notice. We are now offering a comprehensive service via telehealth.
- Our phones are still operating, and we will take new clients as needed for specialist bereavement counselling. Please call (03) 9265 2100 | Freecall 1800 642 066 or email [email protected]u for assistance.
You are still able to make purchases on our online store; however, until the office reopens, most orders will not be shipped. Please ring (03) 9265 2100 for clarification.
Changes to our Education Services:
- All face-to-face sessions of our 10775NAT Graduate Certificate in Bereavement Counselling and Intervention have been suspended and we are working with our trainers and students to deliver these online.
- All face-to-face workshops, including customised training, are suspended until further notice. Customised training can also be delivered online (either as a live session or as a pre-recorded presentation). Contact our education team at [email protected] to discuss bringing your grief and bereavement training online.
- Online webinars are still going ahead as planned. We will also be introducing additional topics with an announcement coming soon.
#icgb2020 Conference cancellation due to COVID-19:
The upcoming, 12th International Conference on Grief and Bereavement in Contemporary Society has been cancelled. Click here read the full statement.
The COVID-19 is an evolving situation. All of us at ACGB are committed to supporting our clients and communities during this time, If you have specific questions, please contact us via [email protected] and we will respond within 24 hours.