Presenter: Kylie Duncan
Recorded: May 23rd, 2018
Webinar Overview: Approaches to Self Care for those working in the field of Grief and Bereavement
The webinar aims to teach listeners about the importance of self care and the impact of Vicarious Traumatisation/Compassion Fatigue in the context of working with grief and bereavement.
It will go through a practical understanding of compassion fatigue and vicarious trauma, linking it to the current field and provide a range of personal and professional self care strategies.
This will also look at how to use mindfulness to be aware of how stress affects us, and Identify how to care for ourselves in these situations.
At the end of this webinar, participants should be able to:
- Understanding what self care is and the importance of self care for those working in the field of grief and bereavement;
- Gaining an understanding of stress, how it happens, how our body reacts during stress and different types of stress;
- Gaining an understanding of Vicarious Trauma, Burnout and Compassion Fatigue;
- Learning about the signs of stress in the context of Compassion Fatigue from a holistic perspective;
- Ability to recognise ones’ own symptoms of stress;
- Learning about specific issues related to self care for grief and bereavement workers;
- Becoming aware of various tools available to measure stress related issues;
- Developing a Compassion Fatigue prevention/stress resiliency toolkit;
- Looking at ways in which organisations can support Compassion Fatigue in the workplace;
- Looking at ways in which peer groups can support processors to help prevent Compassion Fatigue;
Presenter Bio: Kylie Duncan
Kylie Duncan is a Social Worker with over 20 years of experience as a counsellor with the majority of her career spent working in the field of grief and bereavement with individuals
and their families. Kylie currently works in Palliative care in Northern NSW. She has extensive experience in counselling, group work and providing education with expertise in grief and bereavement, end of life issues, compassion fatigue and self care.
Kylie is passionate about supporting people to remain connected and empowered as they move towards the end of their lives or as they support their loved ones as they move toward the end of their lives.
Discounted member price:
You could save: