Presenter: Julie Blyth
Recorded: June 27th, 2018
Webinar Overview: Grief Associated With Sexual and Institutional Abuse
This webinar aims to look at the relationship between child sexual abuse and grief and loss in later life. To view this in the light of the findings of the Royal Commission into Institutional Responses to child sexual abuse, and to look at helpful responses to survivors and their families.
At the end of this webinar, participants should be able to:
- Why child sexual abuse is so impactful
- The gender differences in these impacts
- What we have learned from the Royal Commission about these impacts
- The relationship between loss and grief and the trauma of child sexual abuse
- What are helpful responses that assist in recovery and healing
Presenter Bio: Julie Blyth
Julie Blyth was the Clinical Advisor at the Royal Commission into Institutional Responses to Child Sexual Abuse,over the past 5 years, leading a team who provided support and counselling to all who engaged with the Commission. She has a Social Work background and worked extensively in counselling, training and consultancy in responding to the trauma of violence and abuse.
Discounted member price:
You could save: