Presenter: Dr Darcy Harris
Recorded: 10th March 2020
Webinar Overview: Ageing, Ageism and Care: Exploring the Needs of Families and Elders
Ageing, Ageism and Care: Exploring the Needs of Families and Elders.
Identify the unique needs and issues of an ageing population upon clinicians, health care, and families. This webinar will be beneficial for people who support elders and their families, both professionally and informally.
At the end of this webinar, participants should be able to:
- Develop awareness of demographic trends about ageing and their implications.
- Understand how social attitudes about ageing affect care delivery and supports.
- Explore the impact of ageing relatives on family systems.
- Articulate the concerns and losses that are often felt by older individuals.
- Examine the losses associated with ageing using current bereavement theory and practice.
- Define the roles and responsibilities of professional caregivers who are involved with elder care.
Presenter Bio: Dr Darcy Harris
Discounted member price:
You could save: