1. Understand the importance of child agency as a way to strengthen children's ability to cope with and adapt to the challenges of disaster and pandemic. What does research tell us?
2. Learn ways to work with children in their experience of the challenges, losses, fears and new normal of the pandemic.
1. Identify the challenging issues facing family members during and after a pandemic
2. Identify a range of strategies that can be used to support people and families who have experienced a death as a result of COVID-19
1. Understand and be able to offer simple techniques for managing strong emotions within a community that has experienced loss as a result of COVID-19 or disruption of their support patterns.
2. Understand the impact and consequences of both grief and trauma in the care of people and communities facing such difficult losses and the associated disrupted social life.
3. Have strategies for working therapeutically with individuals and communities experiencing grief and trauma reactions to isolation and disruption
4. Identify the key issues stemming from multiple losses from isolation and lockdown within a community
4. Increase confidence in working with individuals within a community that has been affected by these issues
The Australian Centre for Grief and Bereavement reserves the right to cancel education programs that do not achieve minimum participation, in which case all fees will be refunded. Registration cancellations will not be accepted unless made in writing to the centre. Cancellations made more than thirty (30) days prior to the event date will be refunded less 25% of the registration fee to cover administration costs. No registration refunds will be made after this date. Please note: The full invoiced amount will still be payable in the event of non-attendance on the day.
Terms and Conditions:
ACGB's program and program content is copyrighted. Its use and dissemination is restricted and unauthorised duplication is prohibited. Viewers agree to use the product under the purchase agreement terms, which restrict number of viewers based on registration type. Individual Registration - Provides one person, the registrant, access to the webcast or DVD for personal viewing. Multi-Viewer Registration - Provides one person, the registrant, access to the webcast for streaming from one computer to a group of people or the DVD for viewing at one location. CE Credits for this program may only be obtained through ACGB. CE instructions will be provided to the registered contact for the organisation (or to the registered individual) prior to the live air date and to attendees at the end of the program.
Click here to create a new account
Use this option if you aren't a member and do not have an account
By checking out this event, you agree to the terms and conditions