Workshop Overview: "Supporting Children and Adolescents experiencing Grief and Loss" in Partnership with the Cancer Council WA
This workshop will consider loss and grief from the perspective of the needs of grieving children and adolescents. Young people have different needs to adults when they experience loss. Adults who provide care and support need to be sensitive to these unique needs. This workshop will explore the developmental changes in childhood and adolescence and a range of support strategies that can be effective when supporting grieving children and adolescents.
Learning Outcomes: At the conclusion of the workshop, participants will be able to:
• Understand grief and loss theory as it impacts upon the lives of children and adolescents
• Identify the impact and developmental needs of grieving children and adolescents
• Appreciate children’s concepts of death and how this impacts the grief process at different stages
• Identify effective strategies when providing support to grieving children and adolescents
Presenter: To be confirmed
Venue: Cancer Council WA
15 Bedbrook Place
Shenton Park WA 6008
Date: Thursday 20th February, 2020
Times: 9:30 am - 4:30 pm
Early Bird Prices: Early Bird prices will be available up until 2 weeks prior to the workshop. After that date, Standard prices will apply.
• ACGB member: $295.00
• Non-member price: $340.00
• ACGB member: $340.00
• Non-member price: $395.00
Cancellation and Refund Policy
The Australian Centre for Grief and Bereavement reserves the right to cancel education programs that do not achieve minimum participation, in which case all fees will be refunded.
Registration cancellations will not be accepted unless made in writing to the centre. Cancellations made more than thirty (30) days prior to the event date will be refunded less 25% of the registration fee to cover administration costs.
No registration refunds will be made after this date.